Philippians 2:1-11; Luke 9:21-27
Responses & Reactions
- What disturbed you, challenged you, or intrigued you in this week’s message?
- What you ever met a “saint”? If so, what were they like? What characteristics distinguished them most strongly?
- Read Leviticus 19:1-27. In what ways was the Old Testament Law formational for Israel? What sorts of core habits or “awarenesses” do you think God was trying to teach them through these laws?
Bringing it Home
- What does it look like in your life right now for you to climb down the ladder as Jesus did? In what areas or relationships are you most tempted to climb up instead?
- What are some creative “disciplines” you would like to begin cultivating as part of embedding the character of Jesus more deeply into the daily rhythms of your life?