John 18:28-40 (7.2.17 sermon)
Responses and Reactions
· What disturbed you, challenged you, or intrigued you in this week’s message?
· What does Jesus mean when he says to Pilate “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36)? How does this relate to Jesus’ instructions to his disciples to pray “your kingdom come, your will be done on earth…” (Matt. 6:10)?
· How does Jesus’ revolution challenge our normal ways of thinking about how revolutions work?
Bringing It Home
· How does Jesus’ way of relating to the powers and authorities of his day shape the way you think about how we as Christians are called to relate to the authorities of our own time and context?
· How are you participating in Jesus’ “army of healers”?