Matthew 16:21-23 • Acts 5:1-11 • Acts 16:16-18 • 1 Corinthians 12:10 • 1 John 4:1-6
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to determine whether ideas, actions, or motives come from human, demonic, or divine sources.
- An ability to see beyond the surface of a person to their motivations and character
- An ability to identify insincerity or deception with accuracy and appropriateness
- An instinct for when others may be struggling with something
- A tendency to be attuned to body language
- A keen intuition or “sixth sense” about a person or situation that can’t be explained
- A tendency to trust “gut feelings” when something doesn’t seem right
- An strong ability to distinguish between right and wrong and good and evil
- A capacity to recognize inconsistencies in a teaching or word attributed to God
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Use insights into the hearts of others as fuel for deeper prayer
- Keep in mind your own faults as a safeguard against becoming judgmental
- Guard against sharing insights about people as gossip or using those instincts for your own gain
- Trust your intuitions but avoid “witch hunting” for problems
- Ask God what you should do with your specific intuitions
- Admit when you’ve made a mistake quickly and honestly
- Study spiritual warfare
- Speak the truth lovingly and avoid developing a “spirit of criticism”
- Confirm your perceptions wherever possible before speaking them
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.