Acts 6:3, 10 • Acts 15:13-20 • 1 Corinthians 2:1-13 • 1 Corinthians 12:8 • James 1:5-6 • 2 Peter 3:15-16
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability apply the teachings and principles of scripture to specific situations in order to help others make Godly choices.
- A keen ability to perceive the practical implications of abstract ideas
- A tendency to be sought out by others for advice on personal problems
- An interest in applying spiritual principles to situations in everyday life
- An capacity to distinguish not just between “right” and “wrong” but between “better” and “best”
- A tendency to see straight through to the heart of an issue
- An ability to communicate thoughts clearly and effectively
- A recognition of what outside resources may be usefully called upon or applied to a situation
- An understanding of the limits of one’s own knowledge and experience
- A discomfort with discussion that remains on a theoretical level for too long
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Recognize that listening itself is a gift and that not every problem needs an immediate solution
- Rely on God’s Wisdom in Scripture and not simply on your own personal judgment
- Allow others the freedom to experiment and fail sometimes
- Practice humility in being open to receiving counsel from others
- Offer insights graciously and openly, without patronizing or browbeating
- Be patient with those to whom the solution seems less obvious than it does to you
- Dispense advice cautiously and only after careful listening
- Deliberately seek out the different perspective and experiences of other people
- Encourage others to depend on God, not just on you, and to seek God’s wisdom for themselves
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.