Mark 16:17 • Acts 2:1-13 • Acts 10:44-46 • Acts 19:1-7 • 1 Corin. 12:10, 28, 30 • 1 Corin. 14:13-19, 26-28
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to (a) speak with God in a spiritual language for purpose of praise and intercession, (b) to receive and/or interpret spiritual language for the benefit of the church, (c) speak/understand a foreign language not previously known.
- An ability to speak fluently in a language never formally “learned”
- An ability to speak in a special language without understanding what the words mean
- An ability to understand an unlearned language and communicate the message to the church
- An ability to interpret a timely message spoken by God and explain what it means
- A hunger for deep connection and intimacy with God
- A strong commitment to prayer
- A desire to submit completely to God and to be used as a messenger of God’s word
- An attract to and desire to communicate the gospel to a different culture
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Speak in public only when an interpreter is present to explain the message in a way that is edifying to the body
- Recognize there is no expectation in the Bible that this is a gift every Christian must possess
- Remember that everything in the church should be done in a fitting and orderly way
- Understand that all gifts, including these, are intended to edify others
- Examine your motives before speaking to be sure you’re articulating God’s desires and not yours
- Acknowledge the authority of the Bible as the measurement of a true word from God
- Submit to the law of love and avoid using your gift in ways that create divisions
- Seek confirmation in smaller settings before using your gift publically
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.