Acts 18:24-28 • Acts 20:20-21 • Romans 12:7 • 1 Corinthians 12:28 • Ephesians 4:11-13
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to communicate the truths of Christ effectively so that they can be understood and followed by the church.
- A belief that truth is the key ingredient in everything
- A need to certify statements which have been made by others
- A delight in research and learning
- A tendency to validate new truths by established systems of truth
- An emphasis on the importance of detail and accuracy in language and reporting
- A tendency to remain silent until information has been heard, observed, and discussed
- A desire to experience and present truth in a systematic fashion
- An alertness to factual details often not noticed by others
- A tendency to stress and value an “objective” approach over a “subjective” approach (to anything)
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Discipline yourself to teach Scripture for practical application as well as general accuracy
- When testing the knowledge of others, do so with a humble spirit and openness to learning
- Make a habit of depending on the Holy Spirit and not just on human reasoning
- Remember that “knowledge puffs up” and beware of pride
- Consider carefully the practical wisdom of “uneducated” people
- Make a special effort of putting on mercy and love, and avoid retreating into your own world of books and abstract information
- Receiving the teaching of others with humility and charity, not criticizing sound teaching because of technical flaws
- Develop and communicate your interest in the well-being of people
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.