Acts 2:44-45 • Acts 4:34-37 • 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 • 2 Corinthians 6:10 • 2 Corinthians 8:9
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to walk with people and guide their life toward greater faith and discipleship.
- A general emotional maturity and ability to give and receive love easily
- A tendency to be more people-oriented than task-oriented
- A protective instinct for guarding people against things that would hurt them spiritually
- A desire to see others grow in productivity in their service to God
- A tendency to focus on the relational aspects of the Christian life
- A deep concern for the hurts and needs of others
- A passion for relating to people one-on-one
- An ability to model by life what it means to be a devoted follower of Jesus
- A tendency to exude a warmth and concern that attracts other people
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Understand that you do not have to be a professionally trained minister to have this gift
- Rejoice when those you've shepherded grow beyond your own ability
- Keep a tight rein on your tongue and avoid participating in gossip
- Pursue relationships of mutuality and accountability
- Recognize you will never be able to meet all the needs of everyone you minister to
- Follow Jesus' example in taking time away by yourself to refresh and reconnect with God
- Maintain carefully boundaries--emotionally, sexually, and otherwise
- Recognize the value and appropriate place of short-term as well as long-term relationships
- Mentor others into similar ministries
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.