John 12:3 • Acts 6:1-7 • Romans 12:7 • Galatians 6:2, 10 • 2 Timothy 1:16-18 • Titus 3:14
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to identify unmet needs of others and to meet those needs.
- An instinctive alertness to detect practical needs
- A greater enjoyment of short-range projects with immediate results over long-term goals
- A sense of enjoyment in hands-on work and providing for physical needs and comfort
- A desire to complete a job with evidence of unexpected extra touches
- A devotion to serving others even above personal health and comfort
- A need for expressed appreciation to confirm that service is necessary and satisfactory
- A general stamina and ability to work hard for sustained periods of time when others may be tired
- A difficulty saying “no” resulting in involvement in a wide variety of activities
- A joy in serving when it seems to free others to do more important things
- An ability to recall the likes and dislikes of others
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Honor others in different kinds of service by lifting them up instead of putting yourself down
- Be careful not to neglect your own needs in the midst of service
- Develop an interest in others’ lives and respond to them as whole people—spirit, soul, and body
- Recognize your service is ultimately to the Lord, even if others don’t thank you
- Graciously receive others who desire to serve you
- Fulfill the responsibilities delegated to you, guarding against distraction by spontaneous, immediate needs
- Listen to the Spirit and test your impulse before moving in. Beware of interfering with God’s discipline and long-range plays by “bailing people out” too quickly
- Realize your serving is spiritual and show interest in the spiritual activities of other gifts
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.