Luke 2: 25-35 • Luke 7:26 • Acts 15:32 • Acts 21:9-11 • Romans 12:6 • 1 Corin. 12:10, 28 • Eph. 4:11-13
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to receive and deliver inspired communication from God for the purpose of encouragement, growth, and direction.
- A need to express insights verbally, especially regarding right and wrong
- An ability to discern the character and motives of people
- A capacity to identify, define, and hate evil
- A tendency to be persuasive, frank, and sometimes painfully direct in speech
- A willingness to suffer for doing what is right and an ability to stand alone
- A deep concern for the reputation and program of God
- An openness and honesty about personal faults and failures
- An eagerness to help others see blind spots and change
- A desire to see outward evidence to demonstrate inward conviction
- A deep grief and awareness of sin and passionate rejection of any form of dishonesty
- A tendency to emphasize the condition of groups over individuals
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Put off harshness and anger and speak with humble frankness
- Express interest in individuals as well as group needs
- Praise partial progress toward standards set before individuals and groups, not just waiting for perfection
- Stand for convictions while also listening openly and invitingly to others’ point of view
- Beware of nurturing a “martyr’s complex” of being the only faithful one left
- Reach out in warmth and friendliness to help others build personal relationships with you
- Consider the perspectives of others when determining right and wrong
- Build people up while also dealing with their sins
- Consider carefully before jumping to conclusions about others’ words, actions and motives
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.