Matt. 20:29-34 • Matt. 25:34-40 • Mark 9:41 • Luke 10:33-5 • Acts 11:28-30 • Acts 16:33-4 • Rom. 12:8
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to see when others are hurting physically, emotionally, or spiritually and provide effective comfort.
- A tendency to draw and be drawn to people in mental or emotional distress
- A sensitivity to the emotional atmosphere in a group or surrounding an individual
- A greater concern for mental than physical distress
- A desire to remove hurts and bring healing to others
- A tendency to avoid decisions or “firmness” unless it can be seen to protect from greater hurt
- A sensitivity to how words or actions will affect other people
- An ability to sense sincere motives or genuine love in others
- A need for deep and mutually committed friendships
- An ability to empathize deeply, to feel what others feel
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Allow logic and reason to provide an appropriate check on emotions
- Recognize that love can be firm and must be in order to help certain individuals
- Be patient with those who aren’t as natural attuned to the needs of others as you are
- Set proper boundaries and take care that concern/understanding for those in distress are not misinterpreted by members of the opposite sex
- Invest in healthy friendships that are mutual but not possessive
- Check the tendency to be overly sensitive to isolated words or actions
- Show support without taking up offenses for others who’ve been hurt
- Take initiative showing love to those who are insincere and avoid cutting them off
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.