Luke 9:51 • Acts 7:10 • Acts 15:7-20 • Romans 12:8 • 1 Timothy 5:17 • Hebrews 13:17
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to see God's desires for a matter and then competently organize, inspire, and lead others in accomplishing those desires.
- An ability to see the larger picture and to clarify long-range goals
- An ability to break down major goals into small, achievable tasks
- A recognition of what can and cannot be delegated
- An awareness of the resources available to complete a task
- A tendency to assume responsibility if no structured leadership is in place
- A willingness to endure mixed reactions from workers in order to accomplish the ultimate task
- An ability to inspire and encourage workers
- A sense of fulfillment in seeing the pieces come together into a finished project
- A tendency to take initiative and to operate well under pressure
- A strong ability to focus and weed out distracting details
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Listen carefully and seriously to the suggestions and concerns of others
- Be as concerned with character as with effectiveness
- Explain to workers the way their tasks fit into the bigger picture so that they sense the value of their service
- Recognize that people are more important than projects
- Delegate responsibilities as an expression of diligence for the task, not to avoid work you don’t want to do yourself
- Share ownership of projects with others instead of seizing it as your own
- Remember human beings are more than “resources” and have needs of their own
- Offer praise frequently and sincerely
- Practice relinquishing control, even when the results aren’t quite up to your “ideal”
- Show interest in things others find exciting—avoid functioning with a “one-track” mind
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.