Luke 22:41-44 • Acts 12:12 • Colossians 1:9-12 • Colossians 4:12-13 • 1 Timothy 2:1-2 • James 5:14-16
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to commit significant time and energy toward praying to God for individuals, communities, nations, and circumstances.
- A willingness to pray daily for substantial periods of time (at least an hour or two)
- A frequent burden for particular things and an inability to stop praying about them until God removes the burden
- A tendency to accompany prayers with “symbolic actions” like laying hands on pictures or maps
- An ability to hear God regularly and accurately directing prayer to specific needs
- A tendency to see frequent and specific answers to prayer
- A willingness to practice fasting as a part of earnest prayer
- A desire to pray for nations and systems as well as individuals
- An ability to deeply identify with the person being prayed for
- An ability to take authority and pray with conviction of the power of prayer
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Expect God to reveal things to you
- Use discernment in sharing with others what God reveals to you in prayer, recognizing that some information is meant solely to guide prayer
- Pray genuinely and simply in public settings, avoiding drawing attention to yourself
- Remember that God responds to faith, not simply repeated words and lengthy prayers
- Always use your power as intercessor to bless and not to curse
- Be alert to chances to help others, and when given a request, pray on the spot
- Encourage others to pray about needs or decisions in their lives
- Follow the impulse to pray whether you understand the reason or not
- Balance your times of prayer with concrete, down-to-earth acts of service
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.