Acts 16:14-15 • Romans 12:9-13 • Romans 16:23 • Hebrews 13:1-2 • 1 Peter 4:9-10
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to open one's home to others and to create spaces of welcome and warmth which allow deep relationships and genuine ministry.
- A desire to use one’s home and personal possessions as on opportunity for ministry
- An ability to make others feel welcome and at ease
- An ability to project an inviting atmosphere conducive to ministry in any context
- A strong desire to see others refreshed, restored, and released for ministry
- A general comfort and openness to strangers
- A joy in connecting and helping other people connect together in meaningful relationships
- A sense of satisfaction in tasks of service
- A tendency to have people stop by or call often just to talk
- A lack of concern with having things in perfect order before anyone can come in
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Include your family as a part of your ministry in the home
- Recognize your gift is much more than simply “entertaining”
- Practice extending your gift outside your house to creating an inviting atmosphere for ministry in other settings
- Prioritize the development of relationships over the logistics of perfect “hosting”
- Realize your service is a spiritual task and express interest in the spiritual activities of other gifts
- Rejoice in your God-given ability to be open and flexible while not writing others off as “uptight” who are less strong in this arena
- Seek God’s guidance for who specifically to befriend or serve
- Extend deliberate invitations to those you know cannot reciprocate
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.