Acts 3:1-10 • Acts 5:12-16 • Acts 9:32-35 • Acts 28:7-10 • 1 Corinthians 12:9, 28
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to provide supernatural restoration of health and wellness to those suffering from physical, emotional, or spiritual illness.
- An ability to pray, touch, or speak words that miraculously bring healing to the mind or body
- A desire to pray and care for those who are ill or distressed
- A deep sense of empathy and compassion for those who are suffering
- A strong commitment to prayer
- A desire to use healing as an opportunity to share the truth about the love and grace of God
- A trust in God’s ability and willingness to work outside the natural law
- A warm or tingling sensation in the hands while praying for those who are sick
- A particular conviction and confidence in the power of God
- A willingness to direct all glory and credit away from yourself and toward God
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Understanding that healing happens at God’s discretion and not simply at your will
- Listen and obey carefully the directives of the Spirit
- Recognize that until God’s kingdom comes in fullness, healing at best is only temporary and not intended to evade death
- Pay attention to root causes of illness that may need to be addressed (ex. psychological disorder, spiritual oppression, self-destructive patterns that need to be confessed, etc)
- Rely on the Holy Spirit on not on trying to manipulate God through word or prayer formulas
- Acknowledge clearly to those you pray for that lack of healing doesn’t mean lack of faith
- Recognize that not all illness is a sign of sin or evil at work
- Encourage the use of professional medical help as appropriate, in addition to prayer
- Reject all opportunities to use your gift for personal gain
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.