Matthew 27:57-60 • Mark 12:41-44 • Romans 12:8 • 2 Corinthians 8:1-7 • 2 Corinthians 9:2-8
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to unselfishly and joyfully use one's resources (money, time, etc.) to support the work of the local church and ensure the needs of others are taken care of.
- A particularly keen ability to make wise purchases and investments
- A desire to give quietly, without publicity or fanfare
- An alertness to valid financial needs that others might overlook
- An enjoyment in meeting needs without the pressure of appeals
- A tendency to practice personal frugality, being content with basic necessities
- A concern to seek out worthy causes and give gifts of high quality
- An tendency to test faithfulness and wisdom according to how people handle funds
- A desire to use personal giving as a means of motivating others to give also
- A joy when a gift turns out to be a direct answer to a specific prayer
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Practice giving generously without attempting to use money to control the people, ministries, or organizations who receive it
- Seek to advise rather than judge those who misuse funds
- Stay attuned to the prompting of God’s Spirit for where particularly to give
- Be aware that not everyone’s financial situation is like yours and of the limits of your knowledge of their particular situation
- Encourage others to give without putting on necessary pressure
- Invest in projects that benefits the lives of people
- Value small gifts and sacrifices, not just large sums
- Give of yourself and not just your financial resources
- Handle money without undue focus on temporal values (remember where your treasure is)
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.