Acts 8:5-6 • Acts 8:26-40 • Acts 14:21 • Acts 21:8 • Ephesians 4:11-13 • 2 Timothy 4:5
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability communicate the good news of the gospel so that others see their need for salvation, repent, and place their faith in Jesus.
- A burning desire to share the gospel with other people
- An enjoyment of meeting new people and ability to make friends easily
- An ability to speak about Christian faith clearly and compellingly
- A boldness in speaking to other people, whether familiar or strangers
- A tendency to invite people to church regularly and to lead people to salvation in Christ
- An ability to adapt a presentation of gospel to the needs of a variety of people
- A deep concern for the souls and spiritual well-being of other people
- An ability to insert spiritual truths into ordinary conversations
- A strong attraction to non-Christians
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Seek to nurture initial faith commitments into the fullness of Christian discipleship
- Practice listening carefully to the stories of other people
- Stay connected with a local church community to avoid the dangers of operating a spiritual “free agent”
- Be patient and avoid the temptation pressing people to superficial commitments before they are ready
- Help new believers plug into local faith communities
- Measure success by faithfulness and not by numerical counts
- Be patient with those to whom sharing their faith doesn’t not come as naturally as it does to you
- Be flexible, because the same approach isn’t appropriate for everyone
- Recognize the complexity of the questions of faith and resist the urge to over-simplify
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.