Acts 9:26-27 • Acts 14:22 • Romans 12:8 • 1 Timothy 4:13 • Hebrews 10:25
A Holy Spirit-empowered ability to know how and when to encourage, strengthen and admonish, others in order to help them grow in their relationship with God.
- An ability to discern where a person really is and to speak to them on their level
- A desire to urge every person to come to their full maturity in Christ
- An ability to see how personal tribulation can produce new levels of growth and maturity
- A delight in personal interaction on a meaningful level
- A tendency to avoid systems of information which lack practical application
- A desire to explain how to apply Scripture in practical ways to end difficult times
- An ability to identify with and relate to various types of people
- A tendency to discover insights from human experience
- An urge to bring harmony to diverse groups of Christians
- A general inclination to be positive and optimistic
Ways to Grow in Christ’s Likeness
- Study Scripture deeply so it becomes a core part of the message you are able to offer
- Take care not to raise the expectations of others prematurely
- Be careful in your use of personal illustrations, being sure they are useful and appropriate
- Avoid over-simplifying complicated problems
- Make sure you are encouraging others to depend on God and not on you
- Avoid treating family and friends as "projects" instead of people
- Respect the context of Scripture and beware of using it to serve your own ends
- Form realistic expectations of others
- Hold the things people share with you in careful confidence
Add your spiritual gifts to your Trinity Connect profile!
-Click your name near the top right corner of the screen and select “Edit Profile”.
-Select the "My Fit" tab.
-Scroll through each section and click the box to the right of each item to select.
-When you are finished, click save at the bottom.