Responses & Reactions
- What disturbed you, challenged you, or intrigued you in this week’s message?
- Read Romans 8:1-17. Meghan discussed in her sermon 4 key “works” that the Spirit does. What other kinds of roles does the Spirit perform in the Christian life (as seen in this Romans passage or other passages you might think of)?
- Where do you believe you’ve experienced the Spirit’s activity in your own life? Where have you seen the Spirit active in the lives of others?
Bringing it Home
- Where in your journey right now do you feel like you could use a fresh word, advocacy, or empowerment from the Spirit?
- What can you do in your life practically to work on staying in step with the Spirit, listening and responding the Spirit’s leading?
Bonus: Discuss what questions your group has about who the Spirit is, what the Spirit does, now we learn to listen to the Spirit, etc. Then email those questions to Meghan, who will attempt address them in a longer series on the Spirit later in the year.