Daniel 1&2 . (5.08.17 sermon)
Responses and Reactions
· What disturbed you, challenged you, or intrigued you in this week’s message?
· Read John 17:14-19. What does it mean to be people who serve here in this world, while not truly being a part of it?
· Read John 17:20-23. These verses seem to say that our unity will be evidence that Jesus truly was sent by God. How can we work on being united in our commitment to God's kingdom even while we remain divided on political matters?
Bringing It Home
· When have you found your identity more in your political views than your spiritual unity with other Christians?
· What would it look like if Christians were willing to be thrown to "the lions and the fire" by their own political parties because of their commitment to God's kingdom? How can you embody that commitment yourself?