Excerpts from Psalm 109, 102, 51, 89
· What’s a song that evokes particularly strong memories for you?
Responses and Reactions
· What disturbed you, challenged you, or intrigued you in this week’s message?
· What is the relationship between faith and feelings?
· Read Hebrews 2:17-18; 4:14-16; 5:7-8. For Jesus to be “fully human” means he possessed a fully human emotional life. Is it difficult for you to imagine attributing a whole range of concrete emotions to Jesus? Why or why not?
Bringing It Home
· What is your normal, instinctive response to emotions generally? Do you tend to express them openly? Moderate them? Bury them?
· Share a story about a time when emotions helped you discern the truth of a situation. Then share a story about a time when emotions misled you.