1. Where have you witnessed love transform a person? How dramatic was the transformation? What were the bumps along the way?
2. What are your experiences with the pain associated with love? In those experiences, was love worth the risk? Why or why not?
3. Have you ever considered the possibility that love is a gift meant more to make us holy than happy?
4. Read 1 John 4:7-21. What does this passage tell us about the power of love to transform to be more like Jesus?
5. Read through 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Have you experienced the kind of love described in those verses? Do you think that any one person is able to exhibit all those traits through love? How about a community?
6. Did anything in particular stand out in today’s service? Was there anything that resonated deeply with you or anything with which you disagreed?