Jonah 3:1-4:5 (10.15.17 sermon)
· If you could live anywhere on the planet and take everything you love with you, where would you choose to live?
Responses and Reactions
· What disturbed you, challenged you, or intrigued you in this week’s message?
· Explore the paradigm-shift Meghan described in moving from a punitive notion of justice to a restorative notion. What’s the strongest case you could make for a restorative approach? What kinds of fears or questions do you have as you think about what this would look like in practice?
Bringing It Home
· In what situation in your life or the world are you currently longing for justice to be done? Who in this situation do you regard as the “guilty” party?
· What would it like look for you to engage that situation in pursuit of a restorative rather than punitive solution? How would that change your attitude or behavior?